Dear Rsociety,

I'd like to kingly ask to anyone is willing to answer me how to implement a
NON NESTED random effects structure in lme()

In particular I've tried the following translation from lmer to lme, as
suggested from some web example

mod1<-lmer(y~x*z+(x*z|factorA1/factorB)+(x*z|factorA2/factorB))  # y,x,z
continuous

mod2<-lme(y~x*z, random= pdBlocked(list(pdIdent(~1|factorA1/factorB
),pdIdent(~1|factorA2/factorB))))

In detail check how I've tried to state in mod1 that Iwant to evaluate
randomness in the interaction x*z (i.e intercept, slope, interaction)
grouped by by a general nesting structure that sets factorA1 and factorA2 as
same level effects (hence non nested) and factorB as nested in both.

I also must express my momentaneous sheer ignorange on the pdMat objects,
thing that prabably is not helping me in the process

Kindly Regards

Federico Bonofiglio

--
*Little u can do against ignorance,....it will always disarm u:
is the 2nd principle of thermodinamics made manifest, ...entropy in