Hi

I am trying to model path of a wind powered boat.

I have some wind data, model as the frequency of the wind with its strength and
direction.

What I like to be able to calculate is for some random period in time for
points
a b c what was the wind strength and what was its direction.

My problem is that although I have a set of values for the rfrequency of the
wind and its strength, I do not known how it changed.  For example I known the
wind blew at 10knots North, 3 times,   blew 5 knots east  10 times east and 7
knots west  twice ,  I do not known how or when it changed direction.

All of the solutions that I have looked at tend to calculate the average wind
strength and direction or deal with a single variable.

I think a more accurate version would be:
1. To derive the prevailing wind, ie the most frequeny value and direction.
2.Attempting some type of probability distribution and running that for N
times,
but  I am not sure how to model more than one random variable(ie the speed AND
the direction)

Take option one, from my example, it gives a value of 5 knots east as its the
most frequeny, but this ignores the values for north and west.

Has anybody got any suggestions on how this could be modeled in R?