Given a dataset x, the ecdf is ecdf(x). Then I can use ecdf(x)(y) to find
the percentile of y. Given the ecdf is there a way to determine what is the
value of y that is the boundary of let's say 95 percentile? In other words,
is there a function I can call on the ecdf like:

fomeFunc( ecdf( x ), 0.95 )

Which will return the highest value of y, for which ecdf( y ) < 0.95?

The only solution I can think of is to generate 100 quantiles using
quantile, and lookup the value at index 95, but I have the feeling I am
overlooking something much simpler. ;)

Thanks in advance!