Hello,

I'd like to fit a logit function to my data.
The data is distributed like a logit (like in this plot on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Logit.png)
but the values on the x-axis are not between 0 and 1.
I don't think using a glm is the solution because I simply want to
infer the parameters of the logit function
(offset, compression, slope...), so I can apply it to all my values on
x and get my value y.
It works in gnuplot with this command: fit f(x) 'myData' using x:y via
a,b,c,d  and after some iterations
gnuplot will return the values a,b,c,d....
Is there something like this in R?

Thanks for the help!
Sylvia