Greetings,
I have been trying to use the RInside package with C++ however I am running
into an error.
I use Ubuntu Linux 10.04 (64-bit) and my R version is 2.12.2. I compiled R from
source to give me a shared R library, shared BLAS (ATLAS). When I try to
compile one of the examples given in the RInside package it compiles perfectly
fine however when I run the program it gives me an error:
error while loading shared libraries: libR.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
This is strange because libR.so does indeed exist and I have all the correct
paths leading to R. I compile the program using:
g++ -I/usr/local/lib64/R/include -I/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rcpp/include
-I/usr/local/lib64/R/library/RInside/include -g -O3 -Wall -I/usr/local/include
rinside.cpp -L/usr/local/lib64/R/lib -lR -L/usr/local/lib64/R/lib -lRblas
-L/usr/local/lib64/R/lib -lRlapack -L/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rcpp/lib -lRcpp
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rcpp/lib
-L/usr/local/lib64/R/library/RInside/lib -lRInside
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib64/R/library/RInside/lib -o rinside
I know RInside works on my system as I have used it before successfully. If
somebody can help me out here I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Hamaad Musharaf Shah.