I'm not sure where I should send this, I don't have a bugzilla account,
but ... it concerns an interaction between library(reshape) and
install.packages() ...

My current .Rprofile includes: library(reshape)

After which install.packages fails ... e.g.,

> install.packages("quantreg")
Warning in install.packages("quantreg") :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library'
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Error in try(function ()  : unused argument(s) (function ()

Removing the "library(reshape)" from the .Rprofile fixes the problem.

Cheers,
Geoff