Dear R users,  I use the excelent Anova function of the library car because
the easy way to get sphericity correction. Unless I use the scan function. I
have not been able to access the values ​​of sum squares and degrees of
freedom for each effect in the univariate summary table.

Example of the car library for Anova function:

library(car)
phase <- factor(rep(c("pretest", "posttest", "followup"), c(5, 5, 5)),
         levels=c("pretest", "posttest", "followup"))
         hour <- ordered(rep(1:5, 3))
idata <- data.frame(phase, hour)

mod.ok <- lm(cbind(pre.1, pre.2, pre.3, pre.4, pre.5,
                          post.1, post.2, post.3, post.4, post.5,
                          fup.1, fup.2, fup.3, fup.4, fup.5) ~
 treatment*gender,
                     data=OBrienKaiser)
av.ok <- Anova(mod.ok, idata=idata, idesign=~phase*hour)

summary(av.ok, multivariate=FALSE)

If you assign the above line to a new object you will get a multivariate
summary and not the univariate one.

my.summary <- summary(av.ok, multivariate=FALSE)
my.summary

Does anyone know how to assign the full univariate output to a new object
or variable. The logical way does not produce the desired  result.
Than'ks in advance.

Juan Hernández Cabrera
Facultad de Psicología
Universidad de La Laguna