I use a function that inserts line breaks ("\n" as escape sequence) according
to some criterion when there are blanks in the string.
e.g. "some text \nand some more text".

What I want now is another form of a blank, so my function will not insert a
”\n" at that point.
e.g. "some text\spaceand some more text"

Here "\space" stands for some escape sequence for a  blank, which is what I am
looking for.
So what I need is something that will appear as a blank when printed but not in
the string itself.

TIA

Am 25.04.2011 um 15:05 schrieb Duncan Murdoch:

> On 25/04/2011 9:01 AM, Mark Heckmann wrote:
>> Is there a blank space escape sequence in R, i.e. something like \sp etc. to
>> produce a blank space?
>
> You need to give some context.  A blank in a character vector will be printed
> as a blank, so you are probably talking about something else, but what?
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Mark Heckmann
Blog: www.markheckmann.de
R-Blog: http://ryouready.wordpress.com