I am working with about 600 nodes in an Rgraphviz graph. Within this graph
there are, when plotted, about 8 obvious clusters that are highly connected
within them but do not share connections between them. I have a wrapper
function that handles a lot of tasks automatically for me like setting
various node and edge attributes. What I would like to do is be able to
auto-generate plots for each of these independent clusters. Is there a way
to programatically identify these clusters and use this identificaiton to
create either subgraphs or clusters?

#For example
library(graph)
library(Rgraphviz)
g1_gz <- gzfile(system.file("GXL/graphExample-01.gxl.gz",package="graph"),
open="rb")
g11_gz <- gzfile(system.file("GXL/graphExample-11.gxl.gz",package="graph"),
open="rb")
g1 <- fromGXL(g1_gz)
g11 <- fromGXL(g11_gz)
g1_11 <- join(g1, g11)
plot(g1_g11)
# yields 2 obvious clusters plus 8 nodes with no edges. What I would like to
be able to do is automatically identify the 2 clusters, so that they can be
separately plotted.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 399-1219 Skype No Voicemail please