Hello Kindred R Spirits...

I'm trying to get a file (csv) from Dropbox using their shareable link concept. They issue a short URL that goes to a web page where you see a button that says "Download File". They don't really give you the URL of the file itself, just this page. Is there a way to coax R into getting such a file? I don't even really want the file per se, I just want a path to the file so I can reference it for Sweave purposes and read the contents into an object. Seems like a job for RCurl but I have little experience and this seems like an odd case anyway.

By the way, I want to do this as a way to have several people on different computers run a .Rnw file that needs to access common data set w/o changing the path to the file each time a different person opens the file and works on it. Perhaps there is another way of doing this.

Thanks for any suggestions.  Bryan