Hello all,

I can't seem to figure how to use a greek character in expression() in
plot() labels without adding a space. So for example below when plotting
this out

x<-1:10
plot(x,x^2, xlab=expression(Chlorophyll~italic(a)~mu~g~cm^-2))

the axis label read as  μ g cm^-2 because I have space there with a tilda.

But if I remove the tilda then my units are mug cm^-2.

Can anyone recommend a way that I can modify the axis label to look for like
this: μg cm^-2

Thanks in advance!

Sam