Hello all!

Can someone confirm whether there is a bug or not?

I was trying to use sqlUpdate in place of sqlSave as data set I import has
duplications. However I get errors while using fast=FALSE argument to safely
update/ignore duplicates:

Error while executing the query[RODBC] ERROR: Could not SQLExecDirect 'UPDATE
"data" SET "logger"=1, "value"=0.0321584 WHERE "time"=2008-09-22 13:15:00'

Error in sqlUpdate(con2, na.omit(dat), "data", fast = FALSE) :

  42601 7 ERROR: syntax error at or near "13";

It looks like POSIXct class is not escaped properly.

I have R 2.12.2 running on Windows XP 32 bit, and I’m using PostgreSQL
database. Column time is supposedly of ‘timestamp without time zone’.

Here is what I have in the data frame I’m pushing to DB:

> class(dat$time)

[1] "POSIXct" "POSIXt"

Mikhail