From: Bill Pikounis <billpikou...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [R] Problems of metafile plots when converting word to pdf file
To: "Jean-Christophe BOUËTTÉ" <jcboue...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Jin Minming" <jminm...@yahoo.com>, r-help@r-project.org
Date: Tuesday, 13 September, 2011, 14:02

Jim,
I have seen this outcome as well with graphs from time to time and
agree with Jean-Christophe that the bug seems to creep in at the
Windows / Office level.  You do not mention your version of Word, but
I have seen this with Word 2000 and Word 2007 (doc and docx) software
and formats, for example.

One other workaround is to *Print* the whole document to PDF, rather
than "Save As".  This would require an (Adobe) PDF driver installed on
your system.

Or as Jean-Christophe suggests, use another output format for pasting
or inserting the picture into Word. I have not had much luck with
graphs in PDF format for insertion, since I have never seen PDF as an
accepted graph format. PNG or BMP (e.g. copy file as bitmap from an R
graphics window) and others work well if you can live without
vector-based flexibility to resize the graph within the document.

Hope that helps.

Bill