> 

Dear moderators,

Please help me encode the program instructed by follows.
Thank u!

Apply the methods introduced in Sections 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, say the
> rank-based variable selection and BIC criterions, to the Boston housing
> data.

 The Boston housing data contains 506 observations, and is publicly
available in the R package mlbench (dataset “BostonHousing”).
 The response variable Y is the median value of owner-occupied homes
(MEDV) in each of the 506 census tracts in the Boston Standard Metropolitan
Statistical Areas, and there are thirteen predictor variables.
 We are interested in the relationship between MEDV and the other
predictor variables.

>  Setup your parametric model and use rank-based regression methodology to
> select and estimate the parameters.

Best regards,
J.Tian