On Nov 15, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Carlisle Thacker wrote:

Sorry that I was not clear. I was asking how to add annotation to levelplot's colorkey, not the levelplot itself. The only entry I can find from the help pages is via its labels.

Googling did yield this: " draw.colorkey() doesn't support a title for the legend". So I presume there is also no support for any other annotation.

You are right. I failed to test my presumptions. Apologies extended.

--
David.

Thanks for your assistance.