On 14.12.2011 23:11, Trying To learn again wrote:
Hi all,

I have solved my question

Output<- matrix(0, length(x), 1)

for (i in 1:length(x)){

files<- paste('KT', i, '.csv', sep = '')

da1<- read.csv(files)

Output[i,1]<-da1[1,2]
}

2 comments:

1: use seq:_along(x) rather than 1:length(x) to protect against length 0 objects.

2: use list.files(pattern="^KT.*\\.csv$") to get all the files you were looking for from the current directory, hence no need to construct the filenames.

That way it is probably a one-liner (untested):

Output <- sapply(list.files(pattern="^KT.*\\.csv$"), function(x) read.csv(x)[1,2])

Uwe Ligges