On 31/12/2011 10:27, Ronaldo Reis Júnior wrote:
Hi,

when I use the install.packages() function this make a download of
packages, try do compile/install packages and delete the downloaded
file. But if the compilation of package fail, I need to make the
download again because R delete all downloaded file. How I can make
install.packages dont delete the downloaded file automatically to be
used again in case of compilation fail?

Well, it doesn't. As it says, it leaves them in the session temporary directory. And it has an argument to change the location ... see the help page.

Thanks
Ronaldo

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk