Maybe we need to backtrack a bit. You originally were complaining about an error that said you had duplicated index entries as you attempted to make a zoo object. I assumed, incorrectly it now appears, that you understood that an index in a zoo object was a vector. You now seem to be admitting that you were trying to use an entire dataframe as your index. As the acronym goes, ... DDT.