On 12-01-25 3:46 PM, Grant Anderson wrote:

Whenever I open Microsoft Word (2003), I get this warning two times---and then
must manually 'OK' it twice before I can proceed in Word (a pain to do):

"The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'R.lnk' refers to is unavailable.
Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and
then try again."

Perhaps I linked Word with R, somehow, when I recently installed R and Word
on my new computer???

Anyhow, since I don't want any Word-R interaction, how can I get rid of these
two annoying warnings? I've already searched my entire hard drive for 'R.lnk'
(using X1.com) and found only those R-links I understand and want.

This is clearly a Microsoft bug, so you should ask them.

Duncan Murdoch