On Feb 10, 2012, at 7:14 AM, Lucas wrote:

Hello to everyone.
I'm fitting a glm.nb model to a count data. I'm using about 8 predictive
variables.
Once a run the script I do get a result but it tells me that the iteration
limit has been reached.

Most regression functions have a control parameter that can increase the maximum number of iterations, but you provided no code so all is guesswork from here.

So, can i trust the results given by the model?

Probably not. Some functions will not even record estimates if they have failed the convergence tests.

Could it be a multicollinearity problem?

Could be.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT