On 2/13/2012 11:15 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 13/02/2012 9:24 AM, Sebastian Schubert wrote:
Hi,

I would like plot two surfaces which are each given by vectors x and y,
and a matrix m(x,y) representing the z coordinate. With persp() I can
plot both, using par(new=TRUE) I can put it in one plot. However, I
would like to have the visibility of the surfaces taken into account as
if they are solid thin surfaces, so that for example the order of the
plot commands does not matter.

Any idea how to do that?

That's really hard in persp(). You'd have to plot the facets of the
surfaces from back to front, and there's no easy way to do that.
I'd recommend using rgl::persp3d, where your graphics hardware will do
the computations of which surface is in front.

Duncan Murdoch

In addition to using rgl, you might find it useful to use transparent colors for one or both surfaces.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.