That's why I said you need the book.  The details are all in the book.

________________________________
From: Michael [mailto:comtech....@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:49 PM
To: Liaw, Andy
Cc: r-help
Subject: Re: [R] Good and modern Kernel Regression package in R with
auto-bandwidth?

Thanks Andy.

I am reading the "locfit" document...

but not sure how to do the CV and bandwidth selection...

Here is a quote about the function "regband": it doesn't seem to be usable?

Basically I am looking for a "locfit" that comes with an automatic bandwidth
selection so that I am essentially parameter free for the local-regression
step...

-------------------------------------

regband

Bandwidth selectors for local regression.

Description

Function to compute local regression bandwidths for local linear regression,
implemented as a front

end to

locfit().

This function is included for comparative purposes only. Plug-in selectors are
based on flawed logic,

make unreasonable and restrictive assumptions and do not use the full power of
the estimates available

in Locfit. Any relation between the results produced by this function and
desirable estimates

are entirely coincidental.

Usage

regband(formula, what = c("CP", "GCV", "GKK", "RSW"), deg=1, ...)