Hello R-users,

I have the following question, for which my search did not really return any
usable result.
If I have a matrix a1, and a vector a2 like below

a1<-matrix(c(1:4),2,2)
a2<-c(8,9)

is there any function like the expand.grid (or some clever calling of the
function) such that it outputs a matrix or dataframe where the entire a1 matrix
is repeated for each value of a2 (the rbind and cbind solution is not something
that i am after).
The desired output is:

out=
1 3 8
2 4 8
1 3 9
2 4 9

Thank you in advance and have a great day ahead!
Eugen