On 19.05.2012 17:40, bets wrote:
Hey,

I'm doing my thesis and I need to produce a lot of plots. With 2 I have a
problem that I can't get past:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4630611/question.png

The left one has lines instead of dots. All I want is a basic line (it's a
time series). So I used the type="l" command, but that doesn't work, and so
do other commands I tried. I only get a line when I use a time series, but
than my graphs don't look similar, as it gives numbers for dots,...

This is the basis of what I used:

plot(ID, settlepw$T.local, type="l",ylab="Temperature(°C)", xlab="")
plot(day, hatch$T.local, type="l", ylab="", ylim=c(15,25), xlab=" ")

We need a reproducible example to understand what is going on. Here,m we do not evenm know what kind of data you are using. See the posting guide for how to ask better.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

For the second plot, I wanted no dots but a line (idem as previous), but
that doesn't work either.
Can someone please help? I assume it is probably not so difficult, but I
couldn't find the answer at all.
Thanks a lot in advance!