How you "read all ... files" is up to you, as that depends both on the type of
data contained in the files and on how you plan to use the data.

Most likely the solution will involve using the files.list function and either
lapply or a for loop, and the data will end up stored in a list of data
objects. (If the data are tabular you might use the sapply function to create a
single data table.)
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing