Dear Sir/Madam,

I am desperately in need of some help. I am trying to access tables from
the oracle database and inserting them into R via a data frame and I keep
getting an error saying that "Error in .Call(C_RODBCFetchRows,
attr(channel, "handle_ptr"), max, buffsize,  :
  negative length vectors are not allowed".

My connection is fine and my code for this is:
check<-odbcConnect(dsn="********",uid="*********",pwd="******")

There are terms instead of the *'s but I am not sure if I should disclose
them because this is work-related. I have looked all over the internet and
tried hundreds of solutions but have had no luck.

These are the code I tried to use to get the table i called "ANYTHING" into
R for which the negative length vectors errors came up.

sqlTables(check,schema="******")
nowfetchmewillwheaton<-sqlFetch(check,"ANYTHING")

Do the errors imply that my connection is wrong, my code is wrong or that
the table is not in the correct place in oracle.

Please let me know if you can help or if you can give me the email address
of someone who can.

Kind Regards,

Lorcan Treanor