Try putting the data into some kind of object. I'm not sure what R does with
the data from read.csv. I always

1) read the data into an object
2) print the data out
3) attach the data so that the headers become objects that contain the data
4) and yes, print the data out using ls
5) check the output file just in case one of 1-4 throw an error.

v_data <-
read.table("C:\\Users\\Frank\\Options\\CBOE\\VZ\\2012\\VZ_2012_03_Summary_V0_R.TXT",header=T)
v_data
attach(v_data)
ls(v_data)

GL