From: Jim Lemon [via R]
[mailto:ml-node+s789695n4636272...@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:46 PM
To: Akkara, Antony (GE Energy, Non-GE)
Subject: Re: MODE , VARIANCE , NTH PERCENTAILE

On 07/11/2012 05:38 PM, Rantony wrote:

> Hi,
> Here i have an matrix like this,
>
> ABC    PQR    XYZ   MNO
> ------   -------   ------   --------
> 3            6        7          15
> 2          12        24        15
> 20         5         1           2
> 25          50      15         35
>
> i need to get the
>                                        "MODE" - for each column-wise
>                                        "VARIANCE" - for each
column-wise
>                                        "25TH-PERCENTAILE" -for each
> column-wise
>
> i tried alots, and it was difficult to get. Someone can help me out
please ?

Hi Rantony,
Try this:

testdat<-matrix(c(3,2,20,25,6,12,5,50,7,24,1,15,15,15,2,35),nrow=4)
colnames(testdat)<-c("ABC","PQR","XYZ","MNO")
library(prettyR)
# make a function for 25th percentile
q25<-function(x,na.rm) return(quantile(x,prob=0.25,na.rm=na.rm))
testdesc<-describe(testdat,num.desc=c("Mode","var","q25"),xname="testdat
")
print(testdesc)

Note that the values in the data frame "testdesc" are numeric, except
for the first column, as there are text messages that no mode exists for

columns ABC, PQR and XYZ. When "testdesc" is printed, it is converted to

a matrix, which coerces everything to character type.

Jim

e_by_code&node=4636112&code=YW50b255LmFra2FyYUBnZS5jb218NDYzNjExMnwxNTUx
OTQzMDI5> .
NAML
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_view
er&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.Bas
icNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.tem
plate.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemai
l.naml>