Hello Ya.

I am no expert, so I am eager to read suggestions from other people in the
mailing list.  But just a few pointers I am (somewhat) sure of -

You can try using this package:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/imputation/imputation.pdf
And use something like kNNImpute.  KNN solving is a type of EM.

In any event, an imputation based on EM is also based on some assumption of
the underlying distribution of the data (observable and missing).  From
what I see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkJxl6mmQ0
It seems that the EM of SPSS often assumed a (multi?!) normal distribution
of the data.  Which is a stronger assumption than what knn will use.  Also
the function I linked to has a CV option to check how stable the imputation
process is.

If you are looking for more options just google R+imputation.  There are
numerous packages and functions for this.

Good luck,
Tal

Contact me: tal.gal...@gmail.com |  972-52-7275845
www.r-statistics.com (English)