On Aug 15, 2012, at 2:04 PM, li li wrote:

Dear all,
  I want to import just part of an excel data file into R.
  I would like to have the data imported without
rownames or colume names.
 I used read.delim("clipboard", header=F).  Somehow even though
I added the argument "header=F", I still have the row names V1, V2, ...,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
  Thanks very much in advance.

You could use readLines() or you could use scan().

Perhaps:

input <- scan(file="clipboard", what="numeric")

If you know the number of columns, say 10, it could be:

inpmat <- matrix( scan(file="clipboard", what="numeric"), ncol=10)

--
David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA