On 8/28/2012 5:52 PM, Bert Gunter wrote:
Sheesh!

I would have thought that someone would have noticed that on the
?unique Help page there is a link to ?duplicated, which gives a
_logical_ vector of the duplicates. From this, everything else can be
quickly derived -- and packaged in a simple Matlab like function, if
you insist on that. e.g.

unik <- !duplicated(A)  ## logical vector of unique values
seq_along(A)[unik]  ## indices
A[unik] ## the values

If you want the indices in increasing order, see ?order

-- Bert
Another way that works is:
as.numeric(rownames(unique(data.frame(A)[1])))

However, this may not be too efficient.
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:32 PM, R. Michael Weylandt