The code base is a bit too complicated to paste in here, but the gist of my
question is this: given I have a function

myfunction <- function(x)
{
# Do something A
# Do something B
# Do something C
}

Say "#Do something B" returns this error:
Error in cat(list(...), file, sep, fill, labels, append) :
  argument 2 (type 'list') cannot be handled by 'cat'

A standard function would stop here.  HOWEVER, I want, in this odd case, to
say "keep going" to my function and have it proceeed to # Do something C.
 How do I accomplish this?  I thought suppressWarnings() would do it but it
doesn't appear to.

Assume that debugging "Do something B" is out of the question.  Why am I
doing this?  Because in my odd case, "Do something B" actually does what I
needed it to, but returned an error that is irrelevant to my special case
(it creates two files, failing on the second of the two files -- but the
first file it creates is what I wanted and there is no current way to
create that single file on its own without a lot of additional coding).

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Assistant Professor