On Oct 24, 2012, at 2:27 AM, martiny wrote:

Ai...I see, i didn't know I can sort rowname.
more study to do :)

You deleted the context of this thread, but while you are looking at the rownames documentation you might also keep your eyes open for the zoo and xts packages which could convert to a matrix with the dates or date-times as rownames.

And you should learn to post in context. Nabble is NOT the way most people correspond on Rhelp. You will find that if you continue to flout local convention that people will begin to ignore your postings.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/After-sorting-a-dataframe-by-date-tp4647173p4647291.html

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA