Dear R-users,
I run my program a difference between sys.times is as follows:
 user   system  elapsed
60167.53  2848.75 63278.93

I am quite puzzled how it may happen that  system time is so much shorter
than user time, I have 2 core computer most of the time (90%) I was not
doing anything else with the computer. What could be the reason of such a
difference? I switched off file indexing and all other resident
programs...... My program include writing output into a file - could that be
the reason?

Thanks for your replies.

Jiøí Voller
Laboratory of Growth Regulators
Palacký University & Institute of Experimental Botany AS CR
©lechtitelù 11, 783 71 Olomouc
Czech Republic
http://rustreg.upol.cz
landline: +420-585-634-855