Josh,

The code you submitted is not reproducible.  I don't have the following
objects:
        barchart, DataToPlot..SeCl, or Colors.
However, I think I can answer your questions, with some modified code ...

A rowname can't be a factor.  But you can still use a factor to sort the
rows of your data for plotting.  For example:

DataToPlot.. <- data.frame(Location1=c(100, 200), Location2=c(200, 400))
seasons <- factor(c("Fall", "Summer"), levels=c("Summer", "Fall",
"Winter", "Spring"))
rownames(DataToPlot..) <- as.character(seasons)
DataToPlot..
barplot(as.matrix(DataToPlot..)[order(seasons), ], ylab="Average Weekday
Counts", col=c("blue", "orange"))

Jean