On 12/02/2012 09:49 AM, apprentice wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with plotting my data as a histogram using barplot2. I am
plotting the x axis using axis(). I want to label only every fifth bar and
not all of them as they get too busy but I don't know how to do it. I was
trying to set the labels for the axis using at=seq(min value, max value,
by=5) but that leads to labels not being under the right bars but just sort
of spread around.
Does anyone know how to do it properly?

Hi Barbara,
Two ways I can think of. Get the bar positions from the call to barplot2:

barpos<-barplot2(...)

Try barp in the plotrix package. By default the bars or groups are spaced at integer values and you get the bar positions returned as well.

Jim