There is a discussion of the ways to do this
task (which can be trickier than it seems) at:

http://www.portfolioprobe.com/2012/12/24/miles-of-iles/

Pat

On 26/02/2013 17:39, Martin Batholdy wrote:
Hi,

I would like to cut a vector of values in parts.
Each part should have an equal number of elements.

for example:

x <- (rnorm(500)^2)

now I want 5 vectors each with 100 elements.
The first vector should include the 100 lowest values of x and so on
(so that the fifth vector contains the 100 highest values of x).

thanks for any help!

Patrick Burns
pbu...@pburns.seanet.com
twitter: @burnsstat @portfolioprobe