On May 6, 2008, at 10:43 PM, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:

I've used to have a script with a barplot command it in, preceded by a png:

png(graph.file,height=H,width=W)
barplot(t,names.arg=breaks[2:(length(t)+1)],tck=gridlines)

-- worked before R 2.6.2. When I tried it in R 2.6.2, which I have for a while but didn't run with that script, it complained, the margins too large, and I've googled the messages from our list where neither height nor width had been specified. Yet here they are specified here.

Calling same from R GUI draws the nice barplot in Quartz, and replacing png with pdf or postscript does fine. Other graphs work fine with png. Jpeg also complains; when I try various values for H or W, still the same -- how can I subdue the png?

What values do H,W have? Keep in mind, the numbers count pixels in png. And you have not given us a reproducible example.

Cheers,
Alexy

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College