Hi,
I have a problem combining R and SPSS (21). I do not know whether the
solution is in R or in spss, so I will post both in the R group and in the
SPSS group.

I use the R plugin in spss(21). The most important reason to use this
plugin is ggplot2 (spss does not have a decent graphical system). This
plugin requires R 14.0 (14.2 or 15 does not work).
When I install R it gives an warning:
> library(ggplot2)
Warning message:
package ‘ggplot2’ was built under R version 2.14.2

After that, when i use gplot2:
> ggplot()+geom_bar(aes(x=factor(1),y=10))
Error in initFields(scales = scales) :
  could not find function "initRefFields"

I found on internet that the solution for this problem is upgrading to a
newer version of R (and indeed, on 2.15 or 3.0 ggplot2 works fine). spss
needs 2.14.0, however.
Does anyone know a solution?
Thanks
Frans