every time I read the R release notes for the next release, I see many
functions that I had forgotten about and many functions that I never knew
existed to begin with.  (who knew there were bibtex facilities in R?
 obviously, everyone except me.)

I wonder whether there is a complete list of all R commands (incl the
standard packages) somewhere, preferably each with its one-liner AND
categorization(s).  the one-liner can be generated from the documentation.
 I am thinking one categorization for function area (e.g., "programming
related" for, say, deparse; and "statistical model related" for lm; and
another categorization for importance (e.g., like "common" for lm and
"obscure" for ..).  Such categorizations require intelligence.

if I am going to do this for myself, I think a csv spreadsheet may be a
good idea to make it easy to resort by keys.

regards,

/iaw

----
Ivo Welch (ivo.we...@gmail.com)