Is there a package that provides equivalents of MASS package, especially
non-parametric and semi-parametric methods for complex survey and
longitudinal data? Is there a book that someone recommend that covers these
topics with R (or Stata) examples? My web-searches have not resulted in
much except that these seem to be actively researched topics by some
statisticans working on theory --- no packages mentions of software were
found in the few (I recall only one) empirical examples found.

Anupam.