On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Lia McKinnon wrote:

Dear list,

I am running some zero inflated models and would like to know what the deviance of the models. Unlike running a normal GLM where the deviance is displayed in the summary all that is displayed in a summary of the zero inflated model is the log likelihood.

Zero-inflated models are not associated with a deviance in the GLM sense. They are a mixture of two models rather than a single model from an exponential family.

Hence, zeroinfl/hurdle in "pscl" reports the log-likelihood but not the deviance. Possibly -2 times the likelihood is useful for you - as Ben already pointed out.

Best,

I hope this isn't a read the manual question, and if it is I apologize for wasting your time, but if you could still send me a link of where I might find this information I would be very grateful!

Thank you
Lia