Hello Shyam,

if your data is stored in variable "dataset", for example, the following
code will create the desired dummy-coded variables and attach them to the
dataset:

######################

#init vars
SWHE=BARL <- vector(length=nrow(dataset))
SWHE[]=BARL[] <- 0 #initialize dummy-coded vars with all 0s

#fill in variables
SWHE[grep("SWHE", dataset$crop)] <- 1 #grep returns the indices where a
match is found, see ?grep
BARL[grep("BARL", dataset$crop)] <- 1

#attach new dummy codes to dataset
dataset$SWHE <- SWHE