Sorry for spamming the list...

I noticed that if you first produce a date histogram with the hist()
function, like this:

basic.histogram <- hist(my.data$date, breaks = "months", plot = FALSE)

and then try to transfer the breaks from that histogram to a lattice
equivalent, like this:

histogram(~date, data=my.data, breaks=basic.histogram$breaks)

then I get a histogram that looks exactly like the original one, except the
bins are not placed correctly on the x-axis. In my case they were all
shifted almost a year to the right. Does anyone know why this happened and
if there is a way to deal with it?

Many thanks
Ola