Hi,

I am trying to use the fuzzy_inference system on multiple input values.
Basically I combine two variables (depth, velocity) into the variable
suitability.
Both depth and velocity have 3 trapezoid classes (verylow,medium,high) each.
The consequent (suitability) has 4 fuzzy levels (none,low,medium,high) and
should
finally range between 0 and 1.
I already set up the level definitions (trapez-corners) and the rules (a
combination
of all depth-levels with all velocity-levels and the consequent
suitability).

Now I wanted to test the system on a dataframe with dummy variables (in the
range
of values I will supply), but some how I get for some combinations of depth
and velocity no resulting suitablilty.

I provide here now some code (simpler than my actual) that produces also
this
NaN values:

# Load "sets"
library(sets)

## set universe
sets_options("universe", seq(from = 0, to = 1, by = 0.001))

## set up fuzzy variables
variables <-
    set(depth = fuzzy_variable(verylow = fuzzy_trapezoid(corners =
c(-3,0,0.2,0.5)),
                               medium = fuzzy_trapezoid(corners
=c(0.45,0.55,0.7,0.9)),
                               veryhigh = fuzzy_trapezoid(corners =
c(0.85,1,15,20))),
        velocity = fuzzy_variable(verylow = fuzzy_trapezoid(corners =
c(-3,0,0.2,0.5)),
                                  medium = fuzzy_trapezoid(corners =
c(0.35,0.55,0.65,0.8)),
                                  veryhigh = fuzzy_trapezoid(corners =
c(0.7,0.9,15,20))),
        suitability = fuzzy_partition(varnames = c(none = 0.2, low = 0.4,
medium = 0.6, high = 0.8),FUN = fuzzy_cone, radius = 0.15))

## set up rules
rules <-
  set(
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% verylow && velocity %is% verylow, suitability
%is% low),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% medium && velocity %is% verylow, suitability %is%
medium),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% veryhigh && velocity %is% verylow, suitability
%is% low),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% verylow && velocity %is% medium, suitability %is%
medium),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% medium && velocity %is% medium, suitability %is%
high),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% veryhigh && velocity %is% medium, suitability
%is% medium),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% verylow && velocity %is% veryhigh, suitability
%is% none),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% medium && velocity %is% veryhigh, suitability
%is% low),
    fuzzy_rule(depth %is% veryhigh && velocity %is% veryhigh, suitability
%is% none)
  )

## combine to a system
system <- fuzzy_system(variables, rules)
print(system)
plot(system) ## plots variables

# test df
test_df <-
data.frame(depth=round(runif(20,0,2),2),velocity=round(runif(20,0,1.5),2),suitability=NA)

# do inference on test_df
fuzzy_result <- function(df){
  gset_defuzzify(fuzzy_inference(system, list(depth = df["depth"], velocity
= df["velocity"])),"centroid")
}

apply(test_df,1,fuzzy_result)

Does anyone know what is happening there?

/Johannes