Hello all,

I would like to carry out a single-equation approach of the Error Correction
Model such as

Delta_y(t) = a + b*y(t-1) + c*x1(t-1) + d*x2(t-1) + e*delta_x1(t) +
f*delta_x2(t) + epsilon(t)

Where, a, b, c, d, e, f are coefficients to be estimated, y is the dependent
variable, and x1, x2 are independent variables.

For the single equation approach of ECM, there is a requirement of the weak
exogeneity. How could I carry out the test to see if there is weak exogeneity
in the above system?

I read the book "Bernhard-Analysis of Integrated and Cointegrated Time Series"
where in section 8.1.3 it uses alrtest() for the weak exogeneity test. But that
is for the vector ECM, where y is of five components, where in my example, y is
a scalar, only one component. What would be the best way for me to test the
weak exogeneity for the above approach ECM?

http://books.google.com/books?id=ca5MkRbF3fYC

Thanks very much!

Cheers,

Rebecca