Hi,

I am new to linux so please bear with me.

OS is CentOS 5.9  - This cannot be changed

I am following a guide given to me to setup a server.

I am told to do the following:

To Install R:

sudo yum install gcc
sudo yum install make
sudo yum install telnet
sudo rpm -Uvh
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
sudo yum install  R

sudo R CMD INSTALL ~/APX.X.X/Rserve_0.6-2.tar.gz
This does not work .... what should I be doing here?

sudo R

install.packages("gplots")
--- This is where I run into problems.   When I run this, I am presented
with the message:  gplot is not available for R version 2.15.2
--- How can I get a version of gplot that will work with R version 2.15.2
--- I am okay with going to another version of R if this will help

install.packages("chron")

install.packages("party")

install.packages("RColorBrewer")

q("default",1,TRUE) to exit

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

D.