Is there a simple way to obtain the time of day in R? I want the time of
day for computational purposes, not for display. I want to be able to
create code like the following:

if (time_of_day >= 22:00 & time_of_day <= 06:00) then X otherwise Y

I realize I could parse a date/time object and extract the time, but
hopefully other people have already done this, or there is a
straightforward representation of time of day in R that I  have not been
able to find in the documentation.

Thanks.