Dear R-Users and R-Devels,

I may have found a deprecated option for the 'latex' function in the Hmisc
package. I am working with Hmisc and knitr and tried the following code:

 \documentclass{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{amsmath, amssymb}
\usepackage{ctable}
%\usepackage{booktabs}
\begin{document}
<<results = 'asis'>>=
library(Hmisc)
iris.t <- head(iris)
iris.t[seq(2, NROW(iris.t), by = 2),] <- format(iris.t[seq(2, NROW(iris.t), by
= 2),], scientific = TRUE)
texMat <- matrix("", ncol = 5, nrow = 6)
texMat[seq(2,nrow(texMat), by = 2), ] <- "scriptsize"
latex(iris.t,
file = '',
landscape = TRUE,
dcolumn = TRUE,
col.just = c('r','c', 'r','c', 'l'),
cdec = c(0, 0, 1, 1, 0),
na.blank = TRUE,
rowname = '',
rowlabel = '',
cellTexCmd = texMat,
ctable = TRUE,
cgroup = c('Observations', ''),
n.cgroup = c(4, 1),
rgroup = c('',''),
n.rgroup = c(3, 3),
caption = 'iris'
)
@
\end{document}

Everything runs fine but the 'landscape' option. It says in the help for
'latex' that if option 'ctable' is set to TRUE the 'rotate' option for ctable
is used if 'nadscape' is set TRUE. Looking at the ctable documentary
(http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/ctable/ctable.pdf) in section Change
History, I get for version v1.07: General: Added option sideways, option rotate
now obsolete. Hasn't this been updated in the Hmisc package?

Best

Simon