Hi Jenny,

Firstly, to my knowledge you cannot assign the output of cat to an object
(i.e. it only prints it).
Second, you can just add the 'collapse' option of the paste function.

individual.proj.quote <- paste(individual.proj, collapse = ",")

if you really want the quotes
individual.proj.quote <- paste(individual.proj, collapse='","')

but you will be stuck with some backslashes I can't recall the syntax to
remove.

Hope this serves your purposes
Cheers,

Charles